Sunday, March 06, 2005

 

Oh the puppies! Part two

Last Monday night, I was walking The Baby (TB) after work when we suddenly found ourselves the focus of attention of a tiny, collarless girl dog. We were not used to this kind of attention from a stranger and found ourselves VERY surprised when the girl followed us all the way home and was happy to walk on in. I put our baby in the house and picked up said girl dog and we walked all around the 'hood hoping to find her people. Alas, no one was about looking for Tiny McFluffington (TM). We came back and I made a few signs to put around. In the meantime, I made dinner while TM made herself very much in the face of TB who wasn't sure about Miss TM, but chose to humor her nonetheless. When my puppy's daddy (MPD) got home, I took TM out and put up the signs. Still no one looking for her, but this time I noticed a pile of fur her color and recently cut. Upon examination, it was determined she was the recipient of a really bad haircut. Well, this only served to intensify the mystery. We came home, had dinner, and MPD took some pictures of the girl and made some posters. We took both little turkeys out for a long walk and posted the new signs. P.S., by this time, we had learned she was not, how you say, at all house trained. Lucky for her too, or we totally woulda kept her and hugged and kissed her all day. TB already suffers such a fate, I'm sure he warned her, possibly prompting the urination incidents.

Well, by morning, no calls had come in so I took her to the shelter. I monitored her status via internet and am very happy to report it looks as though she has been adopted! Hopefully by someone who will give her good haircuts and give a damn if she goes missing.

Comments:
YAY!!! I'm so happy for both of you!!
 
We are totally happy too! Thanks!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?