Friday, December 16, 2005

 

Speaking of drinking

I went for a doctor's appointment the other day, and as the corpsman was taking my vitals, she asked me if I drink. I said, "Yep, everyday." She said. "Really?" Totally shocked. She said I was the first woman to admit it. She had already asked if I planned to have kids. I told her that I did, but that my husband said I had to wait until he got back from Iraq to start trying. Bah.

So, after the drinking discussion, she began, "Are you..."
"Planning to stop drinking when I get pregnant?"
Sheepish nod.
"Yes, I am"

I didn't tell her that that is gonna totally suck. Especially getting through those family holidays.

Comments:
Well, if it makes you feel any better I am having Baileys in my coffee to help the narcotics kick in that they gave me... did I mention that I got out of the hospotal last night at 9:30?

Good stuff - wish you were here to share.
V
 
DD - Hey, I know better than to try to get anything past you! They also ask about domestic violence. I asked her if anyone says yes to that question. She said three have in her experience.

V - Um, no, you didn't mention the hospital. Duh. So, now tell it!
 
Ok, was I the only one who had to read this 3 times to make sure there were no "hints between the lines." I'm not too far off if you were, say, waiting till mid-second-tri to announce. Crap!

V - I'm sure you & Monkey have talked by phone by now, so I can say we're so very glad you are feeling better and have "no complications." Just had to come up with another essperiment, didn't ya?!? Hugs
 
First off - the no drinkin' for nine months isn't so hard. It's the layin' off the smack that is a real bitch.

Secondly - V - WTF???
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?